Joe Duvall of Claremore, Oklahoma, roared from his 14th-starting position and into the lead before the midpoint en route to the Pitts Homes USRA Modified feature win.
Duvall, a frequent United States Modified Touring Series competitor, was dominant in finishing ahead of second-place Robbie Reed with Paden Phillips third and Jason Pursley fourth.
"The last month has just been brutal," Duvall said, noting he cut short a USMTS weekend after two tough nights in Wisconsin. He said he wanted to find a place to race to race "to just get our head back on straight on the way home. What better place to come than Wheatland, Missouri?"
Phillips' run was good enough to vault him past Jon Sheets for the midseason championship. The points race was thrown into a jumble on lap two when Sheets - who led by six points at the start of the night - spun and hit the wall in turn three. He was unable to continue.
"We've been working real hard this year," said Phillips, of Chanute, Kansas. "We're needing to break through and get a win. I hated to see Sheets get into the wall. We were having a good race."
Reed started fourth and passed pole-starting Pursley for the lead on lap two. Meanwhile, Duvall scooted from 14th and into third by lap five as the race's third caution came out.
Duvall slid past Reed in turn four to finish lap nine to take the lead and pulled away from there.
Joe Duvall won the USRA Modified feature.
Next up at Lucas Oil Speedway is the Lucas Oil Pro Bull Riding Invitational Presented by ProtecttheHarvest.com, next Friday and Saturday. Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. with the show at 7:30 both nights as the Amped Up Pro Bull Tour will have award-winning bulls and champion bull riders.
Racing resumes on June 29 as the National Wild Turkey Federation along with OnMedia/DISH/DirecTV presents the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series. The Pitts Homes USRA Modifieds will be the featured class with a 25-lap, $1,000-to-win main event.
For questions about tickets or camping for any event at Lucas Oil Speedway, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984 or via email at Nichole@LucasOilSpeedway.com.
Complete Lucas Oil Speedway event information, archived race recaps, previews and driver features, along with ticket information and 2019 schedule can be found by visiting LucasOilSpeedway.com.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by fans, drivers and industry insiders to be one of the top five racing facilities in the nation. Located in Wheatland, Missouri, approximately an hour from Springfield, Missouri, and just an hour and a half from the Kansas City metro area, the "Diamond of Dirt Tracks" lives up to its title.
Twenty-One VIP Luxury Suites, HD Jumbo-Tron Screen, Stadium Style Musco Sports Lighting, a Bose Sound System, Go-Kart Slick Track, The Diamond Bar, Track Treasures Gift Shop, the best track food in the country and paved pits are a few of the spectacular amenities setting the Diamond of Dirt apart. This year marks the ninth season for the Liquid Quarter Mile Drag Racing Lake, "Lake Lucas." New for 2017 was all-purpose built Off Road facility featuring the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series as well as a host of other regional events.
Lucas Oil Speedway's dirt oval track plays host to some of the largest and most-popular events in the Midwest with national and regional touring series appearing frequently including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, United States Modified Touring Series, ASCS Sprint Cars and the Lucas Oil MLRA.
In addition to the special events, the Lucas Oil Speedway Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series features the Warsaw Auto Marine & RV ULMA Late Models, Pitts Homes USRA Modifieds, O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Stocks and the Ozark Golf Cars USRA B-Mods.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
United States Racing Association
Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series
Lufas Oil Speedway, Wheatland, Mo.
Saturday, June 15, 2019
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver and hometown.
1. (1) 38C Jason Pursley, Hermitage, Mo.
2. (4) 8S Jon Sheets, Nevada, Mo.
3. (3) 9D8 Paden Phillips, Chanute, Kan.
4. (9) 53R Ronnie Woods, Mexico, Mo.
5. (6) 51G Lucas Gibbs, Udall, Kan.
6. (5) 12M J.C. Morton, Springfield, Mo.
7. (8) 21 Ryan Middaugh, Fulton, Mo.
8. (2) 24D Donnie Fellers, Wheatland, Mo.
9. (7) 74J Claude Miller, Branson, Mo.
1. (2) 21W Tracy Wolf, Buffalo, Mo.
2. (1) 155 Terry Kirk, Urbana, Mo.
3. (7) 5 Robbie Reed, Mexico, Mo.
4. (6) 03 Chase Jones, El Dorado Springs, Mo.
5. (8) 227 Chase Domer, Nevada, Mo.
6. (4) 17 Mike Striegel, Wheatland, Mo.
7. (3) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
8. (5) 112 Justin Moon, Sedalia, Mo.
1. (14) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
2. (4) 5 Robbie Reed, Mexico, Mo.
3. (6) 9D8 Paden Phillips, Chanute, Kan.
4. (2) 38C Jason Pursley, Hermitage, Mo.
5. (11) 17 Mike Striegel, Wheatland, Mo.
6. (5) 155 Terry Kirk, Urbana, Mo.
7. (10) 51G Lucas Gibbs, Udall, Kan.
8. (13) 21 Ryan Middaugh, Fulton, Mo.
9. (8) 227 Chase Domer, Nevada, Mo.
10. (7) 03 Chase Jones, El Dorado Springs, Mo.
11. (12) 12M J.C. Morton, Springfield, Mo.
12. (15) 24D Donnie Fellers, Wheatland, Mo.
13. (9) 53R Ronnie Woods, Mexico, Mo.
14. (1) 21W Tracy Wolf, Buffalo, Mo.
15. (17) 112 Justin Moon, Sedalia, Mo.
16. (3) 8S Jon Sheets, Nevada, Mo.
17. (16) 74J Claude Miller, Branson, Mo.